Preparing your own taxes can be like cooking for yourself. You won’t get food poisoning, but you’re also not getting the most out of your ingredients.
If cooking is your passion, you may disagree, but consider how much your tax returns would change if you had as much passion for doing them as you do making a meal. To get the most out of your taxes, leave the tax preparation work to the experts,
There are primarily two main reasons why you should let our tax accountant prepare your tax returns, but these two reasons should persuade you to hire a pro:
1. Our experienced in completing tax returns for wealthy individuals and successful businesses know what to look for and where to look for it. We can find you the best deductions while making sure our work is error-free. No matter how well you think you know the tax code, a professional accountant who does taxes for a living knows how to do your tax preparation better.
2. There is no larger investment you make than your time. Time is not a renewable resource. You need to spend your time running your business, earning your income and growing your wealth. Every minute you spend sweating over your tax return is a minute that could be better spent.
STILL DOING YOUR OWN TAXES?
If you prepare your own taxes, you’re in the minority. Only about a third of Americans do their own taxes, and you can bet they’re not getting all the deductions they’re due. As your wealth increases, so does your tax burden. If you’re still doing your own taxes — or having a friend or relative (non-professional) who does tax preparation for you — you’re missing out on the benefits you deserve.
Americans spend between $100 and $150 billion each year getting their taxes done by professionals. But not all preparers are equal, even though they’re plentiful. In 2012, the country had more tax preparers (about 1.2 million) than firefighters (310,400) and law enforcement officers (765,000) combined. That’s testament to the demand — due mainly to the complexity of the tax code.
THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
The tax code itself is a big problem. A recent national survey asked more than 3,300 sole proprietors in the United States questions about their income taxes. Among those surveyed, only 16 percent said they thought that the tax code was fair. Only 12 percent believed that everyone paid their fair share.
Of course, there is little you can do to change the system. But the flawed tax system gives you added impetus to hire the best and smartest accountants available to handle your tax preparation. You need a scrupulous accountant you can trust to find all the legal deductions for you, while providing advice about how to decrease your tax burden in the future.
LOTS OF CHOICES
Whether you like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It’s just too easy to overlook deductions and credits you’re entitled to. Even if you use a computer software program, you can miss things. There’s just no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional to do your tax preparation.
But don’t settle for just any accountant or another authorized tax agent.
The tax accountants at Edofalltrades look at the big picture, reviewing your business and personal finances as pieces of the whole to get you to where you want to be.
TAX SERVICES FROM A PROFESSIONAL
When you work with us, you get a comprehensive approach. Our tax accountants get to know you, your aspirations and your values. We aren’t just number-pushers; instead, we look beyond the numbers to find ways to make your money work for you, to move you further down the path toward where you want to be. Some of the tax services you get with our accounting firm include:
• Tax audits
• Tax planning
• Tax resolution services
• Tax representation
• Specialty tax situations, such as:
• Expatriate tax returns
• Non-resident tax returns
• International tax returns
• Net investment income tax
• IRS innocent spouse relief
• Tax solutions, such as:
• Non-filed tax returns
• Back taxes
• Deferred tax assets
• Unreimbursed partnership expenses
• Payroll tax problems
• IRS audits
• Tax liens
• Tax levies
• IRS wage garnishments
When you hire us to handle your taxes, you get:
• Your tax return is checked and rechecked by human and computer software to identify potential problems known to trigger IRS interest.
• Your tax return is filed electronically, ensuring your refund gets back quicker.
• If you’re a top executive, your payroll withholding is adjusted so you get more money back each payday.
• If you’re a business owner, your deductions are reviewed to limit your tax liability.
If your business is a bit disorganized, let our accounting firm prepare your bookkeeping for the year in addition to preparing your taxes. You get your taxes done while we set up an easy-to-use system for keeping your books in tip-top shape next year. Other services available include:
• Business consulting
• Strategic planning
• Self-employment accounting
• Personal service corporation
• Payroll accounting
• Retirement planning
You expect the best service in your business and personal affairs, so you should demand nothing less from your accounting firm. Edofalltrades guides you through the maze of rules and regulations of the tax code while keeping your best interests as the highest priority. Take the worry out of your tax situation, regardless of how complicated it may be.